As part of the activities, the Genius English Proficiency Academy celebrated the Taiwanese Day yesterday. The Taiwanese students presented some videos regarding the culture, aborigines, beautiful places and mountains, and many more related to Taiwan. They will ask some questions regarding Taiwan and when students can answer them, they will give the reward (red envelope which symbolizes “luck” and “good fortune” in Chinese culture). Inside the envelope, there are gold coins.
The Taiwanese students preparing not only information but also a fun game. Each group should compete with each other. Using the chopsticks, the players should get the a nut on a plate and run into a person who will eat that nut.
After the discussion and game, they prepared Taiwanese food for all the students, teachers, and staff of the school.
– Taiwan was given the name “Ihla Formosa” (meaning “beautiful island”) by the Portuguese in the 16th century when they first laid eyes on it.
– The capital city of Taiwan is Taipei, it is located in the northern part of the island.
– Taiwan is about the same size as Switzerland or Belgium. Its total area is 35,801 square km.
– Taiwan is one of the few countries that still use traditional Chinese characters in the written form of the language.
– It has the Lowest Birth-rate in the World.
– The National Museum of World Prehistory is the most famous museum in Taiwan.
To all the Taiwanese students and staff, thank you for the effort you have rendered to make this event successful. Thank you also to all the teachers, students, and staff for the cooperation. Happy Taiwanese Day! 🙂
For more information and inquiries:
Russian website: www.studyenglishgenius.com/ru/
Skype ID: geniusenglishacademy