It’s a month of love; a month where lots of flowers, love letters, and sweets are in different corners of the stores on the streets.
Are you ready to fall in love with someone else? Whatever your answer might be, better to read these idioms and try to remember their meanings.
Here are some of the idioms you mightly don’t know yet about love. Enjoy learning!
Be an item
* To be a romantic couple.
Be head over heels (In love)
* To be completely enamored of someone, typically a new romantic partner.
* Showing lot of love or affection.
* An arranged meeting for two people have never met each other before, in order to try to start a romantic relationship.
* A date that two couples go on together.
* To become completely infatuated with someone; to fall in love with someone.
* Having a long, fairly serious romantic relationship.
Have the hots for somebody
* To have a strong sexual attraction to one.
Kiss and make up
* To reconcile or resolve differences.
Lost in love
* Can’t think or concentrate on anything else, but the person you are in love with.
Love is blind
* If you love someone, you cannot see any faults in that person.
Love is in the air
* Refers to individuals coming closer to falling in love.
Match made in heaven
* An extremely well-suited pairing of people or things; a match that will result in a particularly positive or successful outcome.
On the rocks
* Experiencing many difficulties and is likely to end.
* A state of short-lived infatuation or romantic attraction among children or adolescents.
Tie the knot
* To get married (to each other).
* Treating somebody in a harsh way in order to help them improve their situation or change the way they behave.
Tug of love
* A situation in which the parents of a child are divorced and one of the parents tries to get the child from the other, for example by taking him or her illegally.
Wear your heart on your sleeve
* Show other people your emotions, especially love.
You take my breath away
* to overwhelm someone with beauty or grandeur; to surprise or astound someone.
Spread the love to your family, friends, and neighbors. Advance Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! 🙂
To learn more about the English language, study with us at Genius English Proficiency Academy and subscribe to our YouTube channel for the English lesson videos.
For more information and inquiries:
images source: www.google.com