It is very essential to know some phrases especially when you are answering the phone everyday. Perhaps, it is part of your job or you have a personal business.
When somebody’s calling on the phone, you may hear one of the following phrases. This time, try to read the meaning of each phrase to have an idea what does it really mean.
Here are some of the commonly used telephone phrases.
* to call someone back or to telephone someone who telephoned you earlier.
* to call someone on the phone.
get back to someone
* to talk to someone again in order to give them some information or because you were not able to speak to them before.
* you finished talking or you have to end the conversation.
* to wait while someone else does something or to wait for a short time.
* to make a telephone call to transmit information to someone else.
* to answer the phone.
* to make the connection that allows the phone call to take place.
* to speak loudly or to express an opinion freely.
To learn more about the English language, study with us at Genius English Proficiency Academy and subscribe to our YouTube channel for the English lesson videos.
For more information and inquiries: